Precedo is keen to ensure all management skill modules delivered support the fundamental requirements of profitable leadership. Whether attending a Precedo workshop or requesting consultation and a bespoke session, the following selection of workshops would act as a centre piece foundation for efficient and effective achievement through involving people.
Further bespoke courses can be developed to support the skill requirements of your employees.
Activity - 'What is required?'
What does the business do; where does my area of the business fit in; and what processes and measures are in place to ensure my bit gets done effectively?
Prior to workshop delivery a delegate would be asked to research and collate their own company tools to support the following; in consultation the business would either be asked to produce company tools for the following or Precedo can offer further support through the creation of tools to document the following activity requirements:
Tools: Company aims and objectives; product/service end to end process; department objectives/targets; role profile; competency framework; personal objectives
Delegates would utilise the above to address the following:
- identify aims and vision for the group, purpose, and direction - define the activity, resources
- create the plan to achieve the activity
- establish responsibilities, set standards, control and maintain activities
- monitor and maintain overall performance against plan
- report on progress towards the group's aim
- review, re-assess, adjust plan, methods and targets as necessary
The way company employees communicate with each other can make all the difference between efficiency and ineptitude, success and failure, making money or losing it.
Whether you're a manager overseeing a large team, an employee working alongside several co-workers or a company representative dealing with clients, effective communication is the best way to complete the job correctly and avoid disputes
Developing good communication skills is an important part of living a fulfilled life. Effectively communicating your career, personal, and everyday needs in a way that comes across clearly, persuasively, and thoughtfully is crucial.
The following example can be used to structure your choice of communication and when you have time to prepare it is a good starting point to plan what you intend to deliver. The Precedo workshop looks at each of these stages and focuses on key tips for successful delivery of message.
- What - is it you want to communicate?
- Why - do you want to communicate?
- Who - is your audience?
- How - are you going to communicate (face to face; telephone; video link; letter/report/email)?
Communicating the 'activity'; ignorance in the workplace is not bliss, if I understand what is required does my team? How consistently do I manage the team? How effectively do I address individual needs? What do I do to encourage positive behaviour and development of individuals?
These are the workshops available to effectively involve people in the successful delivery of organisational activity.
Precedo utilises the concepts influencing Blanchard's 'Situational Leadership II' to provide a workshop focusing on the flexible approaches required to develop individuals.
To connect with your employees it is important to be aware of each individual's needs at the different stages of their development. Providing a range of leadership styles to suit each stage of development will increase employee engagement.
Ken Blanchard introduced four stages of leadership communication:
Precedo utilises footage from TV favourites and sports managers to demonstrate the range of leadership styles. Delegates are set a number of exercises linking the leadership styles theory with the daily activities they perform when engaging their employees within the workplace.
Coaching is distinguished from other activities by its emphasis on learning as the way in which a manager adds value in an organisation. A key success factor of "flexibility" frequently emerges from discussions with coaches and learners. In practice, this means that coaches must have a range of options in coaching rather than a single solution.
Precedo utilise the DART performance coaching method allowing the coach to address potential behavioural and skill development requirements prior to agreeing realistic targets. DART was developed by John Burns Precedo's Training and Development Director after many years of industry experience.
Easy to use this fresh new look at coaching energises from the start actively helping people to reach for and achieve their targets.
A simple four stage technique allows people to focus on; what it is they set out to achieve; are they in the right frame of mind to move forward; able to demonstrate the right skills and agree on clear steps to achieve their goal.
- Increased confidence and skill level, increases efficiency and performance
- Managers directly deal with performance issues
- More productive performance discussions
Enhanced accountability for managers and employees
Delegates benefit from studying a specific coaching model that allows managers/coaches to focus on
- What is required?
- Employee behavioural state
- Skill set of the employee
What can be achieved?
This is supported with practical examples and application.
The central aim of effective customer service is retaining customers, when an organisation gets this right the acquisition of new customers - and so many other things - automatically becomes much easier to.
Retaining customers - enabled by excellent customer service - produces many positive benefits for the organisation aside from the obvious revenue and profit results:
- Retaining customers through effective customer service enables easier growth, indirectly and directly.
- High levels of customer retention via effective customer service improves employee morale and motivation, when customers are happy, all the employees are happier too - and more productive.
- Improved employee morale and motivation resulting from reducing customer attrition also positively benefits employee retention and turnover.
- Reduced customer attrition and upset naturally reduces litigation and legal problems, from customers or fair trading laws.
- Retaining customers also enables the whole organisation - to focus more on proactive opportunities (growth, innovation, development, etc).
Having a culture of delighting and retaining customers fuels positive publicity and reputation in the media.
Precedo provides companies with the opportunity to benefit from bespoke training materials designed with the benefit of over twenty years experience in the UK Service Sector. We are also able to offer the creation of mystery shopper templates for application within your company and for the use of mystery shoppers to assess performance in the short term.